Using Post Formats at Skilt
Skilt makes use of most of the WordPress post formats. You can have an in-depth overview at the WordPress Codex.
Here is a brief description:
- Aside : Typically styled without a title. Similar to a Facebook note update.
- Gallery : A gallery of images. Post will likely contain a gallery shortcode and will have image attachments. To make it appears as a slidershow on homepage or single page, you’ll need to keep the gallery shortcode in the first line of the post.
- Link : A link to another site. The first <a href=””> tag in the post content will be the external link for that post. The title of the post will link to that link url.
- Image : A single image. The first <img> tag in the post will be considered the image.
- Quote : A quotation. A blockquote will be holding the quote content.
- Video : A single video. The first <video> tag or object/embed in the post content will be considered the video. Alternatively, if the post consists only of a URL, that will be the video URL.
- Audio : An audio file. Could be used for Podcasting. Here you can make use of Audio shortcode.
Note: When writing or editing a Post, Standard is used to designate that no Post Format is specified. Also if a format is specified that is invalid then standard (no format) will be used.